Our client is a NZ political party with an office based in central Auckland. They are gearing up for the general election in October and are searching for a bright and confident Press Secretary to join their campaign team. This position will play a crucial role in directing the strategy and content initiatives that will drive engagement with target media audiences.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing and driving the creation and promotion of strategic work to influence and build advocacy with critical external stakeholders.
- Managing channel engagement to advise and executive media content across all forms of external comms including media, digital and events.
- Developing and fostering relationships with key journalists, identifying areas of strength and weakness, and tracking impact again the campaign objectives.
- Developing a media plan in conjunction with the Chief Campaign Strategist.
- Overseeing media campaigns from brief to implementation and delivery.
- Taking ownership of storytelling with new and creative ideas, driving the editorial strategy with content pitches and press alerts.
- Driving reputation risk mitigation and issues management.
- Analysing PR outcomes and interpreting data.
- Senior contact for all media enquiries.
Candidates for this role will need:
- Proven experience as a Press Secretary or Media Advisor.
- Exceptional attention to detail and high energy.
- Strong communication skills and conceptual thinking.
- An entrepreneurial and adaptable approach, willing to take initiative and adapt to evolving campaign priorities.
- The ability to work effectively within a dynamic and fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
Candidates will ideally be available to start ASAP, and the contract will run until mid-October.